Whitehall (c. 1843)
Built in 1843 by James Walton Harris, Whitehall was originally designed as a two-story Greek Revival townhouse. The stately mansion exhibits six square, paneled columns at the edge of a wooden porch. The banisters bordering the porch consist of identically-milled hardwood balusters. Inside the home, heart-pine floors and handsome woodwork provide the background for the Boggess’ collection of 18th- and 19th-century antiques.
Dr. and Mrs. Joe Boggess & Family / National Register / Historic American Buildings Survey